Workshops & Exchanges
RDU Blues puts on at least one workshop a year where the community can come together, learn dance skills, and have fun. Plus we hold a yearly “exchange” event – Tobacco Road Blues Exchange (TRBX) – that focuses on live music, social activities & a ton of dancing! As a community group, our number one goal is a good, fun, safe time for all. Second to that, we also like really good dancing. 😉
Coming up: TRBX 2018, January 26-28, 2018.
It’s TRBX’s 5th anniversary, so we’re planning a ton of great stuff! Make sure to RSVP to the TRBX 5th Anniversary event on Facebook and follow the Tobacco Road Blues Exchange Facebook page to get all the updates.
Registration for TRBX is now open! Register here.
What will TRBX 2018 include?
We’re pulling out all the stops for our 5th anniversary and final year! Check out all the great stuff we’re got in store for you:
- Daytime dance workshops are back! Enjoy classes with internationally known instructors Ruth Evelyn & Mike Grosser and Campbell Miller & Philippe Wilson.
- Two nights of live blues music with the Al Holbrook Band, our very own Bull City Blues Band, and awesome local and regional DJs. Plue a late-night fusion performance from Janxx.
- New this year: Blues history and culture talks with music and dance scholar Chris Wells. Learn more about this art form we all love!
- Back by popular demand: Taco bar on Sunday!
- New this year: a one-day beginner’s track on Saturday.
- Performances from our fellow dancers on Saturday night!
- And more!
How much does it cost?
Pricing: With 7 hours of classes, 20 hours of dances, two blues culture talks, two live bands, and a taco bar, our prices have gone up a little bit. We have three tiers based on your ability to pay. Most will choose STANDARD. If you are really tight on funds, you can register at the A LITTLE HELP rate. For those who are able, we appreciate your paying a little extra at the BENEFACTOR level to help offset the cost of our community members who can’t contribute as much.
We also have limited volunteering opportunities available to help defray the cost of attending. If you truly cannot afford admission and would like to attend, please contact us at info@RDUblues.com.
A la carte admission to classes and dances can be purchased at the door, space permitting.
Weekend pass pricing:
- Beginner Track pass: $75
- A Little Help From My Friends: $85
- Standard (most people choose this): $115
- Benefactor: $145
- Dance-Only Pass: $65
A la carte pricing:
- A la carte individual classes and blues talks: $20 each
- At-the-door Friday Evening Dance: $20
- At-the-door Friday Late Night Dance: $15
- At-the-door Saturday Evening Dance: $20
- At-the-door Saturday Late Night Dance: $15
- At-the-door Sunday Evening Dance: $15
- At-the-door Sunday After Party Dance: $10
How do I register?
Go to https://dancerfly.com/rdu-blues/trbx/order/shop. Registration opens at 8 pm on 10/25/17.
How do I find out more details?
Stay tuned! We’ll be releasing more details about TRBX 2018 soon. The best way to stay updated is to RSVP to the TRBX 5th Anniversary Facebook event, join the RDU Blues Facebook group, and follow the Tobacco Road Blues Exchange Facebook page.