We have lots of opportunities to get involved with our community beyond social dancing! Read through the descriptions and see if any of them catch your eye. If so, fill out our online staff application. We can always use more help!
- Volunteering: Volunteers greet people and take payments at our weekly dances. Working the door for 1 hour gets you into that dance for free! We also have volunteer opportunities at our special events. Email us or look in the individual Facebook events for more details.
- Coordinating: Coordinators run the weekly dances. They set up the studio, manage the cashbox and volunteers, and make announcements.
- Teaching: Instructors teach the lessons before the weekly dances.
- DJing: DJs provide music during the weekly dances.
- Organizing: Organizers maintain and update the infrastructure of RDU blues (Dance Blues Friday, Dance Fusion Saturday, and Safer Spaces), work on making our community a more welcoming and safer space, and plan special events. Organizers meet outside of the social dances.